The Florida Pecan Growers Association will hold its annual "Field Day" in Monticello, Florida on Tuesday September 12, 2017. The days events begin at 9:00 am and conclude at 1:00 pm.
For more information call the Jackson County Extension Office to RSVP at 850-482-9620 or email Matt Lollar at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we know how many to expect for lunch.
Schedule (Eastern Time)
- 9:00 – Registration Opens
- 9:15 – Welcome – Matt Lollar, UF/IFAS Extension, Jackson County
- 9:20 – Tree Spacing & Orchard Layout – Matt Lollar, UF/IFAS Extension, Jackson County
- 9:50 – Stink Bug Management – Russ Mizell, UF/IFAS Entomologist
- 10:20 – Pecan Scab – We’re winning the battle, but will we win the war? – Tim Brenneman, UGA Plant Pathology
- 10:50 – New Pecan Cultivars – Patrick Conner, UGA Plant Breeding
- 11:20 – Future of the Pecan Industry – Randy Hudson, CEO Hudson Pecan Company, Ocilla, GA
- 11:50 – Travel to Simpson Nurseries – 52 Nacoosa Rd, Monticello, FL
- 12:10 – Tour of Simpson Nurseries & Lunch (Included with registration or membership.)
- 1:00 – Annual Meeting, Florida Pecan Growers’ Association
Pesticide Applicator CEUs will be available for field day participants.